The Open Group Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™)
The FACE™ Consortium, an aviation focused professional group made up of industry suppliers, customers and users, will create a technologically appropriate open FACE™ architecture, standards and business model that will result in:
- Standardized approaches & process models within avionics systems
- Lower implementation costs of FACE™ systems
- Standards that support a robust architecture and quality software
- Defined interoperability within FACE™ systems and components
- Portability of applications across multiple FACE™ systems and vendor
- Procurement of FACE™ conformant products
- More capabilities reaching the Warfighter faster
To realize the Vision by:
- Developing, evolving and publishing a realistic open FACE™ architecture, standards and business model will be supported by FACE™ customers, vendors, and integrators supported by a robust industry conformance program
- Providing the forum for industry and government to work together to develop and consolidate the open standards, best practices, any necessary guidance documents and models necessary to realize the Vision
- Ensuring that the appropriate technical resources and management commitment are in place for the successful completion of their work
- Operating in a fair, neutral and open manner Integrating existing and emerging standards and systems wherever possible.
The FACE™ Plato portal is the collaborative web site for the members of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) Consortium.
You are at the Public Level
The FACE™ Members Level is an export controlled site.
To access the Members Level: You must be a Member of the FACE™ Consortium or have Steering Committee or Open Group approval to have access to the non-public and export-controlled segment of this site.
FACE™ is a trademark of The Open Group